Dr. Ukeme Umoh began her career at Akwa Ibom State
University in 2013 as an Assistant Lecturer and later joined
University of Uyo a year after. She holds a Ph.D and an M.Ed
in Curriculum Studies and a BSc. in Physical/Education from
University of Uyo.
At the University, she handles academic responsibilities such as teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses and also handles administrative responsiblities such as Staff Adviser to Efik Ibibio Education Students.
She holds membership in several professional bodies such as National Association for Research Development (NARD), Curriculum Organization of Nigeria etc.
Her indepth research in Curriculum Studies has brought forth conference paper presentations and several publications in Book Chapters and Journal Articles some of which are open access on this knowledgebase.
She is married and blessed with beautiful children.
Dr. Umoh has been thoroughly trained to offer quality
services in her field.
Her academic and professional background is summarized below:
As a result of deep research in the field of Curriculum
Studies and Physic/Education,
Dr. Ukeme Umoh has published extensively in Local and International fora.
Click here for a complete list of publications.
Dr Ukeme Umoh has recorded several work experiences at the University and in the Community. In several cases, she has been appointed to handle sensitive positions.
Courses taught with Dates
- Developmental Psychology
- Edu231-Curriculum and Instruction.
- EDU 112 Introduction to the Teaching Profession - 2016 to date
- EDU 212 Curriculum and Instruction I - 2015 to date
- EDU 411 Curriculum and Instruction II - 2016 to date
- EDC 611 Principles of Curriculum Planning, Selection and Development - 2018 to date
- EDC 612 Instructional Strategies and Resources in Areas of Specialization - 2019 to date
- EDC 632 Evolutionary Trends and Innovation in Curriculum in Area of Specialization - 2020 to date
- EDC641 Seminar in Curriculum - 2017 to date
- EDC642Seminar in Areas of Specialization - 2017 to date
- EDC 711 Advanced Curriculum Theory and Practice - 2018 to date
Teaching Practice Supervision - 2015 to date
Project Dissertation and Thesis Supervision - 2015 to date
Departmental Co-ordinator Undergraduate Seminar In Education (Edu 421) - 2015 to date
Departmental Co-ordinator Postgraduate Seminar in Curriculum Studies (EDC641 and EDC 734) - 2017 to date
Staff Adviser to Efik Ibibio Education Students - 2017 to date
2018 to date
i.Students Involvement in Social Networking and their
Attitudes towards its integration into teaching - 2016
ii. Acceptance and Methods of Implementation of Integrated Curriculum among Science and Social Studies Teachers in Secondary Schools in Akwa Ibom State. - 2015
iii.Effect of Individualised Instruction on Senior Secondary Students’ Achievement and Retention in Physics in Uyo Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State. - 2012